Barbara Churchley's paintings reflect her personal connection with the western landscape she lives in. Her paintings in pastel and oil are interpretive and expressive. Her passion for the outdoors has taken her to the summit of all 53 ranked 14,000' peaks in Colorado and a few other unranked ones for fun. She has explored the landscape "up close and personal" through multiple marathons, hikes, and backpack trips. Churchley finds inspiration painting "en plein air" in western Colorado to the far corners of the world, pursuing her other passion of traveling.
- 2013-Selected for Southwest Art magazine's special section “Women in the Arts” for the August issue. Three paintings juried into the Plein Air Artists of Colorado 17th National Show, Denver, CO. Designated as Co-Vice-President of the Pastel Society of Colorado, western slope group.
- 2012- Designated as a Signature Member in Plein Air Painters of New Mexico. Juried into the Pastel Society of Colorado's 8th Annual International Mile High Juried Pastel Exhibition, MADDEN Museum, Greenwood Village, CO. Featured in Southwest Art magazine June issue in the plein air special section with nine other artists. Selected by Kennedy Publishing to be one of the cover artists for “Best of America Landscape Artists” book. Designated “Colorado Artist of the Year” by Minneapolis, MN TOSCA Arts Association. Designated as a Signature Member in Contemporary Fine Artists International. Juried into the Plein Air Artists of Colorado 16th National Juried Fine Art Exhibition and Sale, Taos, NM. Judge of Awards for the Palisade Art Lovers Society 32nd Annual Peach Blossom Art Show, Palisade, CO. Invited artist for The Mask Project for the 12th annual Denver Hospice show, Denver, CO
- 2011- “Spring Green” selected into the top 20 in the “Southwest Art” magazine's “Artistic Excellence” competition in a field of just under 3,000 entries. Juried into the Navarro Council of the Arts National Juried Show, Corsicana, TX. Juried into the 15th Annual “Lines into Shapes”, Art Center of Estes Park Gallery, Estes Park, CO
- Selected for the top 100 in Paint America's Paint the Parks 100 for 2011. Juried into the prestigious 12th Annual American Impressionist Exhibition, Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA Juried into the 2011 Colorado Pastel Society Mile High Int'l Exhibition and Sale, Denver, CO Juried into “Artists of Colorado” show, Denver, CO
- Featured as one of ten artists in the June 2012 “Southwest Art” magazine “Inspiration en Plein Air” article.
- Featured in the May 2012 “Southwest Art” magazine, “Spotlight Taos NM” section.
- Featured as one of the top 20 artists in December 2011 “Southwest Art” magazine “Artistic Excellence” competition.
- Featured in the October 2011 “Southwest Art” magazine, “Art Events Spotlight” section.
- Featured artist in the October 2011 online “Plein Air Journal” at http://www.judsonsart.com/blog/.
- Featured in the March 2011 “Western Art Collector” magazine, “State of the Art Colorado” section.
- Featured artist in the November 2009 “GV” magazine, Grand Junction, Colorado.
- International Plein Air Painters, Signature Member
- Plein Air Artists of Colorado, Signature Member
- Contemporary Fine Artists International, Signature Member
- Pastel Society of Colorado, Signature Member
- Plein Air Painters of New Mexico, Signature Member
- Oil Painters of America, Associate Member
- Women Artists of the West, Associate Member