Originally posted on February 27, 2017 - price and availability of particular products mentioned in this post may have changed.
Tax season is upon us, and that means tax refunds are coming! Whether it's time for your little one to move up to a big-girl bed, you're creating an epic entertainment room, or you're investing in a sectional that everyone can enjoy, check out how far your tax refund will take you at AFW.
Top 5 Ways Americans Plan to Spend their Tax Refund
- Pay off debt — Twenty-seven percent of respondents said that they would use their tax refund to pay off debt like loans or credit card debt.
- Savings — Of the people surveyed, twenty-five percent of people are going to put their tax refund in savings.
- Put the money towards a vacation — Nine percent of respondents said that they would put their tax refund towards a vacation.
- Make a major purchase — Five percent of respondents said that they would use their tax refund to make a major purchase like a car or a home.
- Splurge on a purchase — Four percent of people surveyed said that they would use their tax refund to splurge on a purchase like a TV or shoes.