Dorm rooms are bland rooms waiting for your style and touch to show all your fellow freshmen your personal style. Don't forget these dorm room essentials when building your dorm room palette from the bland beginnings.
- Big storage bins that will survive four years of moving back and forth from college each year. Send these home with your parents after you are all unpacked to help save space.
- Ottomans are a great small seating for your dorm room that can also provide storage.
- Storage with drawers to add more space to your room.
- An over-the-door shoe rack to hang in a closet.
- Desk items to help keep your space organized and clean. An organized space is much easier to study in than one that is a mess.
- Small trash cans for under your desk, if not already provided by your school.
- A TV wall-mount if you are bringing a TV. A TV stand will take up too much space in a small dorm room.
- Bed risers to raise your bed to give you more storage space under your bed. The more space you can make in your dorm room the easier it is to find everything.
- A fan to keep you cool if the room doesn't have AC or if you and your roommate just have different temperature likes.
- Tote for toiletries to make bringing your toiletries to the shower with you.
- Throw pillows and blankets to add some style and color touches to your space.
- A desk lamp for the late nights studying.
- An area rug to walk up to soft comfort under your feet instead of either a cold floor or hard school rug.
Don't let the fact that your dorm room is a small space keep you from cramping your style. With the above essentials, you will be well on your way to having the most stylish dorm room on campus.